Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 2 of 30 day run challenge "Easing In"

September 26, 2012 Day 2

I'd rather "opt out" than "ease in".  Opting out is easy!  Easing in is hard!  It should be harding in.  This morning my husband asked if I was going for a run again.  My self-doubt kicked in and I told him I was going for a walk/pathetic jog because I've definitely not obtained "runner" status yet.

Here is what I learned on my run (pathetic jogging combined with walking) today:

Sitting on the couch is easy and fun and relaxing.  Especially if you are sitting there with a strong cup of java or an even stronger glass of wine.  Running is hard.  Sitting on the couch feels good but the long term of effects of a sedentary lifestyle do not feel good!  Running sucks and feels like shit but the long term effects of running do feel good.  So I chose to run.

When I got home I had an email from a pusher about "easing in to running".  I thought about calling the authorities because clearly she was trying to sell me more from her stash.  But I read it.  10 tips for beginner runners  Three things that stood out to me from that article.  1. It's going to get harder before it gets easier.  Yeah, Ya Think!  2.  I should be strengthening my core.  Okay, because apparently beating the crap out of my body by running is not challenging enough now I have to strength train?  WTF.  And, 3. My carb to protein ration should be 4:1.  That's the best news I've read all day!  If anyone can do carbs it's me!

Yesterday I spent 15 minutes on the pavement.  Today I spent 30 minutes out there and I managed to run nonstop  for 10 minutes...all of 3/4 of a mile.  Yep, I know Marathon-Material right there, LOL, but I'm easing in, remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment