Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 5/30 "Runners are Two Faced and Progress"

September 29, 2012 Day 5

Did you ever notice that runners are two-faced?  Take a look sometime.  There is the face before a run which is equal to the face after a run.  It's the face of "I can do this", "I'm a rock star", and "I did it, I'm so awesome".  Then there's the other face, the in the middle of the run face where the runner's face is fifty shades of messed up.  (I had to get a Christian Grey tag in there somehow).  I call this face a border line between ecstasy and death.  It is the face of feeling like you're kicking some ass and the feeling of some ass kicking you.  In the face.  For the more seasoned runners they have, more often than not, the face of ecstasy.  For the novice like myself it's definitely death...warmed over...kicked in the face...dying...DEAD!

The other day my husband passed me on his way to work.  Later that day he said, "You looked really good out there".

OH MY GAWD, he's a necrophiliac.  But he promised me new shoes so I'm going to roll with that!

In other "I can do this" and "rock star" news, I shaved 5 minutes off my route this morning.  I didn't feel like I was doing better but apparently I did.

So, in your face...I did it, I'm so awesome!


2 comments:

  1. "The other day my husband passed me on his way to work. Later that day he said, "You looked really good out there".

    OH MY GAWD, he's a necrophiliac. But he promised me new shoes so I'm going to roll with that!"

    That is hilarious, Jen! I look forward to following you (from the comfort of my couch) on your running adventure. Best of luck to you =)

    ReplyDelete